Ask Sign & Display Website and Standard Business Terms and Conditions
Terms of Agreement.
If you have any enquiries, comments or concerns regarding this agreement or any other part of this site or regarding any of our featured products and services or if you have experienced technical problems while using this site, please send an email to email@example.com
“Seller” means Driveview Limited, registered in England, No:07036087 (in these Terms and Conditions also means ”Ask Sign & Display”) whose registered office is at Unit 5, Suite 4, Blue Chip Business Park, Atlantic Street, Altrincham, WA14 5DD.
“Buyer” means the person whose name is printed on the Order.
“Contract” means the order and Order Confirmation (incorporating any Special Conditions)
“Faulty” means containing a fault or defect; imperfect or defective.
“Goods” means the goods or services which the Seller is to sell in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Business.
“Order” means the Buyer’s order for Goods or services.
“Order Confirmation” means the Seller’s written Confirmation pursuant to Condition 3.
“Price” means the price together with postage and packing in force at the date and time of the Order, subject to any promotional offer or discount then applicable.
“Person” means any person, firm or company.
“Special Conditions” any conditions in relation to orders set out and designated as such in the Order Confirmation.
“Terms” and “Terms and Conditions of Business” means the standard terms and conditions of business set out in this document.
“Writing” includes email clearly bearing the names of the sender and the recipient and writing on the screen of a visual display unit or other similar device.
- Scope of the Terms and Conditions
- This page, (together with the documents expressly referred to in it), tells Customer information about DVL and the legal terms and conditions (Terms) on which ADL supplies any of the products (Products) listed on the website www.asksigndisplay.co.uk (Website).
- These Terms will apply to any contracts between DVL and Customer for the sale of Products concluded via the Website (Contract) to the exclusion of any other terms that Customer seeks to impose or incorporate, or which may be implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing (except where DVL has given its prior written consent). For the avoidance of doubt, any replies by ADL that reference any of Customer’s correspondence which itself makes reference to the Customer’s purchasing terms and conditions shall not have the effect of incorporating such purchasing terms and conditions.
- To the extent there is any inconsistency between the provisions of these Terms and the provisions of any other documents issued by DVL which are contained on the Website or otherwise made available to Customer, the provisions of these Terms shall prevail.
- Customer should read these Terms carefully and make sure it understands them before ordering any Products from the Website. Please note that before placing an order, Customer will be asked to agree to these Terms. Customer should print a copy of these Terms for future reference.
- ADL may amend these Terms from time to time. Every time Customer wishes to order Products, it should check these Terms to ensure it understands the terms which will apply at that time.
- Information about ADL
- DVL operates the Website. DVL is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 4256889 with its registered office at 7A Britannia Road, Sale, Cheshire, M33 2AA. DVL’s main trading address isUnit 5, Suite 4, Blue Chip Business Park, Atlantic Street, Altrincham, WA14 5DD. DVL’s VAT number is GB 793 2965 80.
- To contact DVL, please refer to the Contact page https://www.asksigndisplay.co.uk/contact
- How the Contract is formed between DVL and Customer
- DVL’s order process allows Customer to check and amend any errors before submitting an order. Customers should take the time to read and check all orders at each stage of the order process.
- After Customer places an order, Customer will receive an order confirmation from DVL with a summary of the order. However, this does not mean that the order has been accepted. DVL’s acceptance of the order will take place as described in condition 3.4.
- The Contract between Customer and DVL shall only be concluded after the Artwork (defined in condition 5.1 below) has been transmitted by Customer and DVL has sent a separate order confirmation via e-mail (Acceptance of Order). DVL will send the Confirmation via e-mail within five days after receiving the Artwork.
- The application of the UN Sales Convention on the International Sale of Goods (CISG) shall not apply to the Contract.
- Status of Customer
- For the purposes of these Terms, Customer shall be deemed to be purchasing as a business if it enters into the Contract, or holds itself out as entering into the Contract, in the course of a business and/or it is purchasing Products which are not of a type ordinarily supplied for private use or consumption.
- If Customer is purchasing as a consumer:
- 4.2.1.Customer may only purchase Products from the Website if Customer is at least 18 years old; and
- 4.2.2.Customer has legal rights in relation to any Products that are faulty or not as described. Customer can obtain advice about their legal rights from the Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards. Nothing in these Terms will affect these legal rights.
- If Customer is purchasing as a business:
- 4.3.1.Customer confirms it has the authority to bind any business on whose behalf it uses the Website to purchase Products; and
- 4.3.2.Customer acknowledges and agrees that these Terms and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the entire agreement between ADL and Customer. Customer acknowledges that it has not relied on any statement, promise or representation made or given by or on behalf of DVL which is not set out in these Terms or any document expressly referred to in them.
- Content of the Order and Proof Requirements
- DVL completes all orders solely on the basis of print data and information (Artwork) submitted by Customer. Customer must ensure it has read and understood its responsibilities contained in these Terms.
- Customer must check the Artwork carefully against the Format Requirements which are set out in more detail on the Artwork guide https://www.asksigndisplay.co.uk/home/design-and-artwork/ before submitting to DVL. Except as otherwise set out in this condition 5, DVL will not review any Artwork for compliance with the Format Requirements or otherwise for any typographical errors.
- When DVL has received the Artwork from Customer, DVL will perform a ‘Standard Artwork Check’ on every order submitted by Customer. The extent to which DVL checks the Artwork is detailed on the Artwork guide https://www.asksigndisplay.co.uk/home/design-and-artwork/
- If, when DVL performs the Standard Artwork Check, DVL discovers that the Artwork supplied by Customer is defective or does not comply with the Format Requirements, DVL will notify Customer and request Customer either provides corrected Artwork or permits DVL to edit the Artwork to the extent necessary to comply with the Format Requirements before DVL completes the order.
- In the event that Customer notifies DVL that it wishes to proceed with the order without correcting any defects in the Artwork, or amending such Artwork so it complies with the Format Requirements, Customer does so at its own risk.
- If additional costs arise due to the inaccuracy of the Artwork, these will be borne by the Customer.
- Where Customer has not submitted Artwork in CMYK mode in accordance with the Format Requirements, DVL shall be entitled to convert the Artwork to ensure it complies with the Format Requirements. In these circumstances, the liability for any resulting colour deviations lies solely with the Customer. By transmitting the Artwork in any other mode than the specified CMYK mode, the Customer acknowledges and agrees that the conversion is carried out at Customer’s own risk.
- For the avoidance of doubt, DVL will not accept any responsibility or liability for any colour variations, irregularities or other defects whatsoever of the Products ordered by Customer which are caused as a result of Artwork not complying with the Format Requirements, including (but not limited to) graphics and images, colours and colour mode, cut, fonts and lines.
- DVL reserves the right to refuse any orders and/or terminate any Contracts where the transmitted Artwork contains defamatory, pornographic, fascist, radical content or any other material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- After the Contract is formed, Customer shall only be entitled to make changes to the order provided Customer remains liable for any additional costs incurred by DVL in making such changes.
- Rights of revocation and exclusions to revocation in consumer contracts.
Right of revocation for delivery of multiple goods not manufactured according to customer specifications and delivered in multiple consignments.
You have the right to revoke this contract within 14 days without giving reasons.
The revocation period shall be 14 days from the day on which you or a third party nominated by you who is not the carrier took possession of the last goods.
To exercise your right of revocation, you must inform us:
Unit 5, Suite 4, Blue Chip Business Park
by means of a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or email etc.) regarding your decision to revoke this contract.
To observe the revocation period it shall be sufficient for you to send the notification of the exercising of the right of revocation before the expiry of the revocation period.
Consequences of revocation
If you revoke this contract, we shall refund you all payments that we have received from you, including delivery costs (with the exception of the additional costs arising from the fact that you chose a type of delivery other than the reasonable standard delivery offered by us), immediately and no later than within 14 days of the date on which we received the notice of revocation of this contract. We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. Under no circumstances will you be charged any bank charges for this repayment. We may withhold the repayment until we have received the goods back or until you have provided proof that you have sent the goods back, whichever is the earlier.
You must send back or transfer the goods immediately and in all cases no later than 14 days from the date on which you notify us of the revocation of this contract to Driveview Limited, Unit 5, Suite 4, Blue Chip Business Park, Atlantic Street, Altrincham WA14 5DD. This deadline shall be considered met if you send the goods before the expiry of the period of 14 days. We shall bear the costs of returning the goods. You shall pay for any diminished value of the goods only if this diminished value is attributable to your handling of the goods in any way other than what is necessary to ascertain the quality, nature and functioning of these.
End of revocation policy
- This right of revocation shall not apply for the delivery of goods that have been produced according to customer specifications.
- The right of revocation shall not exist for distance sales contracts
- for the supply of goods which are not prefabricated and the production of which is determined by an individual choice or decision of the consumer or which are clearly tailored to the personal needs of the consumer.
- If the printed materials are produced via the DVL website according to customer specifications, no legal right of revocation shall exist. No contractual right of revocation is granted.
- Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications DVL send to Customer should be in permanent form and for this purpose, DVL shall confirm such information to Customer by email, which Customer accepts is a permanent form of communication.
- When registering to use the Website, Customer shall provide an e-mail address for communications between DVL and Customer. Customer shall ensure such email address is valid and functioning. In particular, Customer shall ensure that the settings of the spam filter on its e-mail account allows the receipt by Customer of e-mails sent by DVL.
- In the case of Customers purchasing as a business:
- 7.3.1.Customer acknowledges and agrees that this e-mail address shall be stored by DVL and used in respect of any future orders received from the Customer until revoked or modified by the Customer;
- 7.3.2.any notice or communication sent by DVL to Customer, or by Customer to DVL will be deemed received and properly served (i) immediately when posted on the Website (ii) in the case of e-mails, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or (iii) in the case of letter, three days after the date of posting.
- Price of the Products and Delivery Charges
- The price of the Products will be as quoted on the Website.
- DVL takes all reasonable care to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the Website. However, if DVL discovers an error in the price of Products(s) ordered by Customer, condition 8.5 will apply.
- Prices for the Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order which DVL has confirmed with an Order Confirmation.
- The price of the Products includes packaging but excludes delivery charges.
- The Website contains a large number of Products. It is always possible that, despite DVL’s best efforts, some of the Products on the Website may be incorrectly priced. If DVL discover an error in the price of the Products Customer has ordered, DVL will inform Customer of this error and DVL will give Customer the option of continuing to purchase the Product at the correct price or cancelling the order. DVL will not process Customer’s order until it has received Customer’s instructions. If DVL is unable to contact Customer using the contact details Customer provided during the order process, DVL will treat the order as cancelled and notify Customer in writing. If the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by Customer as a mis-pricing, DVL do not have to provide the Products to Customer at the incorrect (lower) price.
- The Customer will be charged additionally for any subsequent changes requested by the Customer, including if this request results in machine downtime or additional production costs in the event of a complete or partial cancellation (except if the cancellation is pursuant to the consumer’s rights under condition 6). Additional charges are also payable if Customer requests repeated samples due to a slight deviation from the template.
- If Customer obtains a quotation for Products from DVL either by e-mail or through the Website, this does not constitute an offer by DVL and shall only be valid for a period of 14 days from the date of issue. All quotations are subject to the condition that the order details underlying the quotation at the time of issue remain unchanged, and Artwork to be received from Customer is received within one week of Customer placing the order.
- The price of the Products automatically includes VAT (if any, which shall be at the sole discretion of DVL) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of the order and the date of delivery, DVL will adjust the VAT payable by Customer, unless Customer has already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect.
- If Customer believes that the Product it has purchased should be zero rated for VAT purposes, Customer shall notify ADL immediately following receipt of the Order Confirmation and confirm the reasons for this. DVL will investigate such claim and if it considers (acting reasonably) that such Product should be zero rated for VAT purposes, DVL shall reimburse Customer for any overpayment made in respect of VAT.
- Customers who are registered for VAT purposes must provide to DVL a valid VAT registration number at the time of placing an order. DVL is entitled to retain such information and apply this VAT registration number to any subsequent orders until DVL is notified by Customer in writing that the VAT registration number is no longer valid.
- Customer may pay for Products at the time of placing the order using a debit card or credit card.
- No other payment methods or terms shall apply unless expressly agreed with DVL In writing.
- DVL shall issue a separate invoice for each Product ordered by Customer.
- In the event that Customer makes a payment in error, it is the responsibility of Customer to notify DVL and request DVL reimburse such sum. Subject to confirmation by DVL that it has received such overpayment, DVL shall reimburse the sum to Customer. Where the repayment of any such sum by DVL is subject to an additional charge, DVL shall be entitled to deduct the amount of any charge from the sum to be reimbursed.
- Delivery and Production
- Delivery is based upon the production time taken by DVL to manufacture the Products and the delivery time to ship the Products to Customer.
- DVL will endeavour to deliver the Products as soon as possible after Customer’s order has been accepted and DVL has completed the production of the Products.
- DVL will advise Customer of the estimated date when the production of the Products shall be completed, however Customer accepts that time is not of the essence in relation to any estimated dates given by DVL.
- For the avoidance of doubt, DVL shall not commence production on the Products until it has received payment in full for the Products and it is in receipt of the final Artwork following the completion of a Standard Artwork Check.
- Delivery will be completed when DVL delivers the Products to the address given by Customer during the order process.
- The Products will be at the risk of the Customer from completion of delivery. Customer shall only own the Products once DVL has received payment in full for the Products.
- Delivery of the Products shall be performed during normal business hours, being Monday to Friday 8am to 7pm.
- DVL may deliver the Products by instalments, which shall be invoiced and paid for separately. Each instalment shall constitute a separate Contract and DVL shall pay the additional shipping charges relating to any subsequent instalments. Any delay in delivery or defect in an instalment shall not entitle Customer to cancel any other instalment.
- For the avoidance of doubt, DVL shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the Products that is caused by an Event Outside the Control of DVL or Customer’s failure to provide DVL with adequate delivery instructions or any other instructions that are relevant to the supply of the Products.
- Event Outside the Control of DVL
- DVL shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of its obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside the Control of DVL. An Event Outside the Control of DVL is defined below in condition 12.2.
- An Event Outside the Control of DVL means any act or event beyond DVL’s reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- If an Event Outside the Control of DVL takes place that affects the performance of DVL’ s obligations under a Contract:
- 12.3.1. DVL will notify Customer as soon as reasonably possible; and
- 12.3.2.DVL’s obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of its obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside the Control of DVL.
- If the Event Outside the Control of DVL extends beyond four weeks, Customer shall be entitled to cancel the Contract.
- Where Customer’s Products arrive in a damaged or defective condition, or Customer claims the Products are not as described, Customer must notify DVL immediately and, in any event, no later than 7 days following delivery of the Products. Subject to Customer giving DVL a reasonable opportunity of examining such Products and Customer (if asked to do so by DVL) returning such Products to DVL at DVL’s cost, DVL will provide a full refund of the price paid by Customer including return postage and packing.
- If Customer returns any Products to DVL and DVL can prove they were not damaged or defective when Customer received them, or are not described, DVL may send them back to Customer, claiming the cost of return postage and no refund shall be due to Customer.
- For the avoidance of doubt, DVL shall not be liable to accept any returned Products from Customer in circumstances where the Product is based on Artwork produced by Customer which fails to comply with the Format Requirements stipulated by DVL.
- The details communicated are not guaranteed characteristics, but describe or characterise a specific service. Insofar as the product can still be used for its contractually intended purpose, commercial deviations are permissible. Particularly in the case of coloured reproductions in all production processes including within products in the same order and within the same print run, small colour deviations are not defects. This also applies to colour deviations on any order previously printed with DVL. The same applies to comparisons between other documents (e.g., digital proofs, colour proofs) and the final product. A certain orientation of the paper cannot be guaranteed. Due to production or machinery, unavoidable minor differences in cutting and folding tolerances may occur which do not entitle the customer a reprint or compensation.
- The specifications of the printing process are not binding. A certain printing process is not guaranteed and is therefore no reason for a complaint.
DVL’s liability if Customer is purchasing as a consumer
- If DVL fails to comply with these Terms, DVL is responsible for any loss or damage suffered by Customer that is a foreseeable result of DVL’s breach of the Terms or DVL’s negligence. Loss or damage will be foreseeable if they are an obvious consequence of DVL’s breach or if they were contemplated by Customer and DVL at the time the Contract was entered into.
- ADL does not in any way exclude or limit its liability for:
- 14.2.1.death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- 14.2.2.fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- 14.2.3.any breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession);
- 14.2.4.any breach of the terms implied by section 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (description, satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and samples); and
- 14.2.5.defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
DVL’s liability if Customer is purchasing as a business
- Nothing in these Terms limit or exclude DVL’s liability for:
- 14.3.1.death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- 14.3.2.fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- 14.3.3.breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession); or
- 14.3.4.defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Subject to condition 14.3, DVL will under no circumstances whatever be liable to Customer, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
- 14.4.1.any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- 14.4.2.loss or corruption of data, information or software;
- 14.4.3.loss of business opportunity;
- 14.4.4.loss of anticipated savings;
- 14.4.5.loss of goodwill; or
- 14.4.6.any indirect or consequential loss.
- Subject to condition 14.3 and condition 14.4, DVL’s total liability to any business Customer in respect of all other losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed 200% of the price of the Products.
- Except as expressly stated in these Terms, DVL does not give any representation, warranty or undertaking in relation to the Products. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, DVL will not be responsible for ensuring that the Products are suitable for Customer’s purposes.
- Nothing in these Terms limit or exclude DVL’s liability for:
- Communications between DVL and Customer
- When these Terms refer to “in writing”, this will include e-mail.
- If Customer is purchasing as a consumer:
- 15.2.1.To cancel a Contract in accordance with Customer’s legal right to do so as set out in condition 6 Customer must contact DVL in accordance with DVL’s revocation policy.
- 15.2.2.If Customer wishes to contact DVL in writing for any other reason, Customer can send this to DVL by e-mail or by pre-paid post to DVL at firstname.lastname@example.org or Driveview Limited, Unit 5, Suite 4, Blue Chip Business Park, Atlantic Street, Altrincham, Cheshire, WA14 5DD. Customer can always contact DVL using the Customer Services telephone line displayed on the website.
- 15.2.3.If DVL have to contact Customer or give Customer notice in writing, DVL will do so by e-mail or by pre-paid post to the address Customer provided in the order.
- If Customer is purchasing as a business, any notice given by Customer to DVL, or by DVL to Customer, will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our Website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee. The provisions of this condition shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
- Where Customer decides not to proceed with an order having obtained a Advanced Artwork Check and/or Proof from DVL, it must notify DVL immediately in writing. Customer shall be liable to pay the additional costs incurred by DVL in carrying out such Advanced Artwork Check and/or Proof.
- Before sending an Order Confirmation, DVL has the right to cancel Customer’s order, if Customer does not deliver Artwork that complies with the Format Requirements within a period of four weeks from date of order.
- Personal Data
- DVL will use the personal information provided by Customer to:
- 17.2.1.supply the Products;
- 17.2.2.process the payment for such Products; and
- DVL does not pass any personal data to any other third party.
- Trade marks / Copyright
- The Customer shall indemnify DVL against any and all claims, liability, costs losses, damages and expenses arising out of the use by DVL of the materials provided to DVL by Customer including (without limitation) the Artwork.
- Other important terms
- DVL may transfer its rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect Customer’s rights or DVL‘s obligations under these Terms.
- Customer may only transfer its rights or obligations under these Terms to another person if DVL agree in writing. However if Customer is a consumer and has purchased a Product as a gift, Customer may transfer the benefit of the warranty to the recipient of the gift without needing to ask DVL’s consent.
- The Contract is between DVL and Customer. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. If Customer is a consumer, the recipient of any gift of a Product will have the benefit of DVL’s warranty, but DVL and Customer will not need their consent to cancel or make any changes to these Terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If DVL (i) fails to insist that Customer perform any of its obligations under these Terms, (ii) does not enforce its rights against Customer, or (iii) delays in enforcing its rights against Customer, that will not mean that DVL has waived its rights against Customer or that Customer does not have to comply with those obligations. If DVL does waive a default by Customer, DVL will only do so in writing, and this will not mean that DVL will automatically waive any later default by Customer.
- If Customer is purchasing as a consumer, these Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for the purchase of Products through the Website and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. Customer and DVL both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction. However, if Customer is a resident of Northern Ireland, Customer may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if Customer is a resident of Scotland, Customer may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- If Customer is purchasing as a business, these Terms are governed by English law. This means that a Contract, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), will be governed by English law. Customer and DVL both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Date of documentation: June 2017
DVL Privacy and Website Usage Policy
Data protection declaration of DVL
If you have any queries about the policy, please get in touch with us using the contact details set out below and we will do our best to answer your questions.
ADL may amend this policy from time to time. Every time you wish to order from our site, you should check this policy. You are not able to proceed with an order on our Site unless you confirm that you agree with this policy. This policy was most recently updated in June 2017.
- Collection, processing and use of personal information
- You can visit our site without providing personal information. We will only store non-personal access information, such as the name of your Internet service provider, the page from which you are visiting, or the name of the requested file. This information is only analysed for the purpose of improving our offering and cannot be traced back to you.
- Personal information is only collected if you voluntarily provide this information as part of your order, when opening a new account or registering for our newsletter. We will use the information you supply without separate consent only to complete and process your order. When you register for the newsletter, with your consent your name and e-mail address will be used for our own advertising purposes until you unsubscribe from the newsletter, which can be done at any time.
- We reserve the right to store Customer print data electronically for one year. After that, we will move such data from electronic storage to tape storage; the print data will then be stored on such tape storage for 5 further years. The print data does not contain customer data or other personal data except for an order number (which is included in the name of the print file). On the basis that it is possible to identify the customer from the order number and therefore we treat the storage of such print data in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. We store this print data for HMRC record keeping purposes, in particular in order to be able to demonstrate to the HMRC that we have correctly identified the applicable VAT rate to the service provided.
- Forwarding personal information
- Your information will be passed on to the shipping company commissioned with the delivery of your product. In order to arrange delivery dates, addresses, telephone numbers as well as e-mail address are shared with the parcel service. Your payment information will be forwarded to the Stripe commissioned with the payment with respect to payment settlement. Information will not be forwarded to any other third parties. The processing of partner offers which are found on our web pages will be done directly by these partners.
- To enable you to place orders in our Online Shop, a long-term cookie will be set when you access specific pages. These are small text files which remain on your computer. The file is only used to enable you to use certain applications, for example our shopping cart system.
- Most browsers will accept cookies by default. You can allow or prohibit temporary and stored cookies separately in your security settings. If you deactivate cookies you may lose access to some features on our site and some web pages may not be displayed correctly.
- The information stored in our cookies will never be linked to your personal information (name, address etc.) without your express consent.
- Use of website statistic services
- Use of Econda. To ensure the tailored design and optimum performance of this website, solutions and technologies by econda GmbH not only collect and store anonymized data, but also utilize this data to compile usage profiles by means of pseudonyms. Cookies can be used for this purpose which make it possible for an Internet browser to be recognized. Without the express consent of a visitor, however, usage profiles will not be stored together with data pertaining to the pseudonymous visitor. IP addresses, in particular, are rendered indecipherable immediately after receipt, which makes it impossible to match a usage profile with an IP address. Click to disable.
- Use of Google Analytics. This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service from Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, text files which are stored on your computer, and which allow your use of the website to be analysed. Information created by the cookie regarding your use of the website (including parts of your IP address) is forwarded to and stored on a Google server in the US. Google will use this information to analyse your use of the website, to prepare reports regarding website activities for website operators and to provide additional services related to website and Internet use. Where applicable, Google will also forward this information to third parties, insofar as this is statutorily prescribed or the third parties are processing this data at Google’s request. Respecting the Data Protection, we apply a procedure which excludes the website visitor’s identification. You can prevent the installation of cookies by changing the settings in your browser software; however, we advise that if you do so you may not be able to fully utilise all functions of this website. By using this website you agree to Google processing the data collected from you as described above for the aforementioned purposes.
- Use of Facebook Social Plugins
- This Internet page uses what are referred to as Social Plugins (“Plugins”) of the social network Facebook, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA (“Facebook”). The Plugins are identified by a Facebook logo or the addition “Social Plug-in from Facebook” or “Facebook Social Plugin”. An overview of the Facebook Plugins and what they look like can be found at: http://developers.facebook.com/plugins When you call up a page of our website which contains a plugin such as this, your browser will create a direct link with the Facebook servers. The contents of the plugin will be passed from Facebook directly to your browser, and incorporated by this into the web page. As a result of incorporation of the plugin, Facebook is informed that your browser has called up the relevant page from our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account, or do not happen to be logged on to Facebook at the time. This information (including your IP address) will be passed from your browser directly to a Facebook server in the USA and saved and stored there. If you are logged on to Facebook, Facebook can allocate the visit to our web page directly to your Facebook account. When you interact with the plugins, for example by activating the “I like” button or providing a comment, the corresponding information will likewise be passed directly to a Facebook server and saved and stored there. The information will also be published on Facebook and displayed to your Facebook friends. Facebook can use this information for the purposes of advertising, market research, and requirement-oriented design of Facebook pages. For this purpose, Facebook produces utilization, interest, and reference profiles, in order, for example, to assess your use of our website with regard to the publicity displays which are blended in when you are on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users of your activities on our website, and to provide further services associated with the use of Facebook. If you do not want Facebook to assign the data gathered via our website to your Facebook account, you will have to log off Facebook before visiting our site. To find out about the purpose and scope of the data acquisition and the further processing and use of the data by Facebook, as well as about your rights and customisation options in this respect, in order to protect your privacy, please refer to the Facebook data protection instructions: http://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Data Security
- We secure our website and other systems against loss, destruction, access, modification or distribution by unauthorised persons through technical and organisational measures. A customer account may only be accessed by entering the personal password of the customer. You should always keep your access information confidential, and close the browser window once communication with us has ended, especially if you are using a shared computer. On some pages we will set up a “web bug” on your computer. This allows us to recognise your computer if it is used to access the site, or use it to find out how advertising activities are received by users. This information is anonymous and not linked to personal information on the computer of the user, or with a database. In order to deactivate web bugs on our pages, you can use tools such as webwasher or bugnosys.
- In the absence of your express consent, we will not use web bugs to undertake the following activities unnoticed:
- collection personal information about you
- forwarding of such information to third party providers and marketing platforms
- Changes to your details
- We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to review or change the details you have supplied us with, please contact us. you also have the right to receive information free of charge about the data stored about your person, as well as a right to correction, blocking and deletion of this information if necessary.
- Withdrawal of consent
- You have provided the following consent, possibly as part of the ordering process. We would like to advise that you may withdraw your consent at any time, with immediate effect.
- Opening a customer account
- Inventory data (name, address, e-mail, telephone number and bank details) as well as usage data (user name and password) will be stored in a customer database when a new customer account is opened. This will enable me to log in using my user name and password and make future purchases without having to re-enter my information.
- Consent for e-mail advertising
- You may consent to receiving interesting offers by regular e-mail. Your e-mail address will not be forwarded to other companies. If you decide to discontinue receiving these services in the future, you can withdraw your consent at any time. To do this, please click “Unsubscribe” at the end of the newsletter, or send an e-mail to email@example.com, with “Unsubscribe from newsletter” in the subject line.
As at: May 2021